When it rains…I bake. I figure if we’re going to be stuck inside then why not have the house smell good? And by good, I mean something needs to be either baking (or braising) in the oven or simmering on the stove top. There’s a sense of comfort when the weather is yucky outside but it’s all nice and toasty inside. You can wrap yourself with a blanket and watch your toddler run in circles while Disney Channel’s Princess Sophia is playing in the background.
As soon as these muffins were ready, Isabella stopped spinning and tilted her head up as if she was trying to figure out where the smell was coming from (she’s been observing Autumn a tad much I believe…). I grabbed a few to have with my coffee and as soon as I sat down, they were gone within a split second. I seriously think my daughter ended up eating four of these in one sitting. They’re small and cute and perfect for toddler hands…and for adults who need to hide their breakfast because their child can’t get enough of them.
- 1 1/2 cups of whole-wheat flour
- 3 ripe bananas
- 1 teaspoon of baking soda
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt
- 1/4 cup of white sugar
- 1/4 cup of brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup of unsweetened applesauce
- 1 tablespoon of ground flaxseed (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and coat a mini muffin pan with non-stick spray. In a small bowl mix together the flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt and flaxseed.
- In a large bowl combine bananas, sugars, egg and applesauce and mix until the bananas are almost smooth (I like to keep a few pieces for texture).
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and stir until just combined. Using a cookie scooper, add your batter to each individual muffin tin.
- Bake for 12-14 minutes. Cool completely before taking them out of the pan.
- These are very freezer friendly!